Computer Vision is a mega trend in IoT technology. We take a look at the top most interesting companies & startups in industry!
Our vision at Security and Safety Things is to make security cameras in IoT smarter. For this purpose, we have developed an open platform and marketplace for camera apps that run directly on the devices.
This offers suppliers and, above all, start-ups with groundbreaking ideas the opportunity to effectively market their products to various industries. We are already partnering with some of them and would love to meet others. Feel free to contact us!
Infographic of Start-Ups in Computer Vision
This graphic gives you an overview of exciting start-ups, which we think are very promising. If you think we missed one or even your start-up, please let us know!
Let's now take a closer look at the different areas.
1. Face, Gesture & Object Recognition
The recognition of faces and human gestures with computer vision technology is mostly used for security in public spaces and buildings, banks or airports. In sports and entertainment, gesture recognition helps to monitor crowds and detect critical situations in time.
However, the benefits of face & gesture recognition extend beyond security. In retail, for example, smart security cameras help analyze customer movement patterns in stores and improve customer experience and sales. — Learn more in our Retail Whitepaper.
Exciting Start-Ups in Face & Gesture Recognition:
- Tribe App
Security and Safety Things offers an innovative platform, with first-mover advantage, which gives developers the opportunity to create camera apps and to market them in a marketplace.” - Allan Ponniah, CEO of Facesoft - Read full interview with Allan here
2. Video Analytics & Deep Learning
Data is the fuel that drives applications in the IoT. Videos from IP cameras for security purposes contain more than just video information. Cameras equipped with powerful processors and artificial intelligence can not only deliver but also analyze video and provide valuable insights.
Therefore many new start-ups are working on video analytics and turning devices in the IoT into self-learning units. We have found some exciting applications here.
Exciting Start-Ups in Video Analytics & Deep Learning:
- ACK Data
- A.I. Tech
It’s awesome to have the possibility to shape the future of the security market together.” - Alessia Saggese, Co-Founder of A.I. Tech - Read full interview with Alessia here
3. Retail, Mobility & Health
Wherever machines need the vision to deliver maximum value to humans, start-ups develop new technologies and applications. Autonomous cars need “eyes” to find their way safely. In retail, Computer Vision helps managing warehouses and shelves. In Health, patients and doctors are supported in diagnosing diseases and monitoring therapies.
Exciting Start-Ups in Retail, Mobility &, Health:
- AEye- Autonomous Vehicles Vision
- AiCure- Interactive Medical Assistant
- Arterys- Medical Imaging Platform
- Bossa Nova- Retail Video Analytics
- Camcloud- Retail Video Surveillance
- EyeSight- Sensing Car & Home
- FF Group - License Plate Recognition
- Link Analytix - Retail Video Analytics
- Mighty AI- Autonomous Vehicle Data Platform
- Nauto- Fleet Safety
- Orcam- Wearables for the Blind
- OpenALPR- License Plate Recognition
- Pilot.ai- Retail Video Analytics
- RetailNext- Retail Video Analytics
- Signatrix- Retail Video Analytics
- SkinVision- Skin Cancer Diagnosis
- V7 Labs - Retail Video Analytics
- Zebra Medical Vision- Medical Image Diagnosis
The marketplace that Security and Safety Things will establish is right up our ally.” - Espen Thømming, COO of Link Analytix - Read full interview with Espen here
4. Agriculture, Geo Imaging, Surveillance & Sports
Computer Vision is often, but not always, about security. The range of applications is enormous. Smart cameras on drones provide data on changing earth surface or help observe how plants and crops grow in agriculture. This gives industries considered to be very down-to-earth completely new opportunities to make their business more profitable.
Computer Vision is also very exciting in sports, where cameras and video analytics help making players and teams even more successful. As a start-up in the field of Computer Vision in IoT, we will have an eye on these exciting trends.
Exciting Start-Ups in Agriculture, Geo Imaging, Surveillance & Sports:
- AI Reverie- Simulation platform/ AI training
- Airobotics- Mobile Surveillance Systems
- Blue River Technology- Smart Agriculture
- Defendry - Active Shooter Defense
- Density - Platform for Counting People
- Descartes Labs - Geospatial Analytics
- Hawk-Eye - Sports Analytics
- Hyperverge - Geospatial Analytics
- Iceberg Sports Analytics - Sports Analytics
- Image Intelligence - Security Focused Vision
- Intello Labs - Food Quality Testing
- Orbital Insight - Geospatial Analytics
- Prospera - Smart Agriculture
- Reely - Sports Analytics
- Shield AI - Mobile Surveillance Systems
- Sportlogiq - Sports Analytics
- Terraloupe - Geospatial Analytics
- Vi Dimensions - Smart Surveillance
5. Camera performance, VMS/ VSaaS & Platforms, Cyber Security
The technology of cameras in the IoT is getting smarter every day. Powerful processors and fast data connections make it easy for users not only to create videos but also to analyze data directly on devices. For this purpose, we at Security and Safety Things offer an open platform with a marketplace for apps developed specially for security cameras.
Other start-ups like us are working on improving the performance of cameras and platforms. For example, so that the cameras can deliver videos in even more brilliant quality. Also to make the processing and analysis of video data as easy as possible for users. In addition, data must be protected from manipulation.
And there are many other important topics to mention...
Exciting Start-Ups in this area:
If you think we missed one (your startup) or have misinterpreted the categories, please let us know!
More to come...
We will follow the Computer Vision trends and keep you informed about new exciting start-ups and their ideas.
Furthermore, register now for our newsletter – and find out how we bring together innovative companies creating a security and safety ecosystem. Help your colleagues and connections know about our insights by sharing this article.